About Prof. Aayed Alqahtani
- Professor and Consultant of Minimally Invasive and Obesity Surgery at College of Medicine King Saud University & King Khalid University Hospital (KKUH), Riyadh
- Director of Obesity Chair at King Saud University
- Founder and Supervisor of King Saud University Multidisciplinary Obesity Clinic
- Former Director of the Bariatric Surgery Program at King Fahad Medical City
- President – Pan Arab Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (PASMBS)
- President – International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (IPEG)
- Founder and Past President Middle East Chapter International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (IPEG)
- Professor of Surgery at College of Medicine King Saud University, Riyadh, April 2014 – present
- Associate Professor of Surgery at College of Medicine King Saud University and King Khalid University Hospital (KKUH) Riyadh 2007- 2014
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at College of Medicine King Saud University and King Khalid University Hospital (KKUH) Riyadh 2002-2007
- Deputy Residency Training Program Director at KSU Department of Surgery Oct 2002-May2004.
- Vice Chairman Department of Surgery for Academic Affair 2003-2005
- Director of Postgraduate Training at KSU College of Medicine 2002-2007
- Director of Pediatric Surgery Training Program, King Saud University 2003-2009
- Chair of the Saudi Council Examination Board in Pediatric Surgery 2003- 2012
- Representative of all Saudi Doctors at McGill University, Canada 1998-2000.
- Founder and Supervisor of Health Student Club at KSU,
- Founder and Supervisor of Volunteer Hayat Student Club at KSU,
- Founder and Supervisor of Innovative Student Club at KSU, Riyadh.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Referee at King Faisal International Price for Medical Sector 2013
- KACTS Grants ($ 2 Million) on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Bariatric Surgery
- Surgeon of the Year Award, University of Gaze 2010
- Best Research Paper in General Surgery 1998 (Investigative Modalities of Massive Lower GI Bleeding).
- Best 30 Operations from IRCAD (European Institute of Tele-Surgery)
- The Dean’s Honors List of Excellent Results in Postdoctoral Training 2002 at Montreal University,
- MB, BS honors
EDUCATION AND POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING
- American Board of General Surgery 2000.
- American Board of Pediatric Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeon of Canada FRCSC 2001 – General Surgery,
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeon of Canada FRCSC 2003 – Pediatric Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery, Denver Colorado, 2000
- Residency in General and MIS Surgery, 1995 – 2000 McGill University, Montreal,
- Member of the Medical Education Board at the College of
- Member of the Disaster committee at the KKUH & College of
- Head of Organizing Committee of the 5th North American Saudi Medical
- Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Laparoscopic Course in Pediatric Surgery, Annual Course.
- Chairman of the Membership Council of IPEG Annual Congress of Endosurgery in Children, 2013 – present
- Program & Executive Committee at IPEG of Endosurgery in Children, 2013 – present
- Member of the Executive Board of the International Pediatric Endoscopic Group 2009-present
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Canadian Association of Pediatric Surgery 2005-2009
- Member of the Skill Lab Committee at the College of Medicine 2002-2007.
- Member of the Communication Skill Committee at the College of Medicine 2002-2007.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the International Pediatric Endoscopic Group 2006-present
- Chairman of the Surgical Department Educational Committee for Student Affairs 2003-2005
- Member of the Internet Committee at the College of Medicine 2003-2006.
- Members of the Pediatric Surgery Fellow’s selection Committee at Montreal University, Department of Surgery, Sainte-Justine Hospital, 2001-2002.
- Member of the Education Committee of the Department of General Surgery, Sainte-Justine Hospital, Montreal University 2001-2002
- Student Instructor and Examiner McGill School of Medicine, Canada 1999-2000.
- Member of the Saudi Council Evaluation and Accreditation Committee in Pediatric Surgery
- Member of the Saudi Council Local Training Committee in Pediatric
- Member of the Saudi Council Scientific Board in Pediatric
- Member of the Royal College Evaluation Committee, Pediatric ICU McGill University
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery 2014 – present
- The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- The Pan Arab Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (PASMBS)
- The American Obesity Society 2007-present.
- SAGES: Society of American Endoscopic Surgeons 2007-present.
- Royal College of Physician and Surgeon of Canada 2001-Present.
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow 2001-
- International pediatric endoscopy group (IPEG) 1999-Present.
- American College of Surgeons, Candidate Group 1996 –