Effective media participation in raising awareness about obesity and its risks
- “It’s okay” Ramadan program to raise awareness of chronic diseases in Ramadan.
- Disease and medicine program of the Saudi news channel.
- Participation by writing health and obesity-related articles in the national newspapers: “Al-Riyadh newspaper, Al-Jazeera newspaper, Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper, Al-Youm newspaper, Al-Hayat newspaper, Sayidaty magazine, Al-Eqtisadiah newspaper.”
- Designing the first animated films that deal with the most prominent wrong routines that lead to weight gain and obesity in Saudi families.
- Weekly television reports on surgical cases, which aim to raise awareness about obesity and its associated diseases. Writing more than 84 press articles to combat obesity in national newspapers (Riyadh, Al Jazeera, Asharq Al-Awsat, Al-Youm, Al-Hayat, Sayidaty, Al-Eqtisadiah)
- Preparing the first 3D animated films to combat obesity, which were used to highlight the main wrong behaviors that cause obesity in the Saudi family.
- Supervising the weekly (Yahla) TV program, which presents a report on surgical cases to raise awareness about obesity and its related diseases.
Inauguration of the first Saudi meeting between obesity surgery and endocrinology
Organizer of the first Saudi consensus between bariatric surgery and endocrinology that aims to develop national guidelines on the role of gastrointestinal surgery in the treatment of diabetes. Selection of international experts in the fields of: bariatric medicine, endocrinologists and bariatric surgeons as members to present their views.